About the L601-3 Handheld Moisture Meter
The rugged L601-3 is specifically designed for the demanding environments of primary mills or wood products manufacturing plants where quick scanning of lumber is a must. Even large boards can be scanned from end to end in seconds; it makes the job of moisture measurement easier, more thorough, and more accurate.
The L601-3’s “wood-friendly” electromagnetic waves penetrate beyond the surface into the wood to a depth of 1″ and provides an instant averaged reading of the board’s moisture content (MC) in a 2.5″ x 2.5″ x 1″ scanning area.
All Wagner Meters Read in the Wood, Not on the Wood
This meter’s readings are virtually unaffected by wood temperature or moisture present on the surface of the wood being measured.
Primary mills will appreciate being able to take readings with confidence on wood just pulled from the kiln.
Other wood manufacturing facilities will be able to rely on accurate reading repeatability when measuring boards end-to-end when it is crucial to identify any wet spots for applications, such as the production of laminated beams.
Other Special Features Include:
- This model is available in 2 different versions: pre-calibrated for either Douglas-fir (DF) or Southern yellow pine (SYP). In either case, an accompanying instruction manual includes species adjustment tables for more than a hundred of the most used hardwood, softwood, and imported species.
- Non-invasive scanning: does not mar or damage the surface of wood being tested.
- Low battery light: warns the user that voltage has been drained to a level where the batteries must be changed to ensure the meter functions properly.
- An optional Calibration Verification Block (CVB) can be purchased separately to confirm that the meter is properly calibrated.
- The L601-3 also features an automatic shut-off (battery saver).
- 1-year warranty.
Size: L 8.5″ x W 4″ x H 3.75″
Scanning Area: 2.5″ x 2.5″
Scanning Depth: 1″
Display Resolution: 1.0%
Weight: 16 oz.
Power: 4 AA batteries
MC Range: 5-30%
We encourage you to call our Technical Service Department at 1-800-634-9961 and let us help you properly measure MC percentage in wood with the following characteristics or any other similar or unusual issue you may encounter when working with a particular application: wood that is frozen, raft wood (salt water permeated), or lumber treated with CCA, ACQ, or any other treatment with metallic or other components that might bias moisture readings.
Call to order or for more information: 1-800-634-9961