About the L620 Digital Lumber Moisture Meter
The L620 Digital Hand-Held Moisture Meter Replaces the Earlier L610 Model
You spoke and we listened…
The L620 has improved measurement accuracy in the 15%+ moisture content (MC) range.
The affordable L620 Digital Moisture Meter from Wagner Meters combines proven wood-friendly electromagnetic scanning with an easy-to-read LCD screen, featuring a full function two-line 32-character display. A simple menu system guides you step-by-step through the selecting, storing, and reporting process.
All Wagner Meters Read in the Wood, Not on the Wood
With this meter, electromagnetic waves penetrate past the surface into the wood to a depth of 1″ and provide an instant reading of the board’s moisture content. Even very long boards can be scanned from end-to-end in seconds with the large 2.5″ x 2.5″ scanning surface. It makes the job of moisture measurement easier, very thorough, and more accurate.
Readings are virtually unaffected by wood temperature (operating range 32-120 degrees F outside of the kiln), can operate accurately in every wood-drying and processing environment, and the presence of absorbed surface moisture on wood being measured is not an issue with a Wagner meter.
Other Special Features Include:
- Storage of up to 500 individual moisture readings.
- Readings are retained even when the batteries have been replaced.
- The L620 is factory-supplied with 32 built-in common species. These can be customized to allow for changes in regional calibration.
- Readings can be stored in up to 5 different groups for comparison of average MC, standard deviation, and minimum/maximum MC.
- The LCD screen is backlit, making it easier for measurements to be taken in low-light environments.
- Battery life: ~50 hours of continuous use, will be less when the backlight is turned on.
- When the battery voltage is low, “BAT” will be displayed.
- Auto shut-off in 1 minute unless a function button has been pressed or an MC reading has changed.
- 1-year warranty.
- The L620 comes standard with an uncertified Calibration Verification Block (CVB), to allow you to check factory calibration, with the option of upgrading the CVB with NIST traceable certification.
- Available in English, Spanish and Portuguese
Also available for purchase is a NIST-certified CVB.
Size: L 8.5″ x W 4″ x H 3.75″ (L 215.9mm x W 101.6mm x H 95.25mm)
Scanning Area: 2.5″ x 2.5″ (63.5mm x 63.5mm)
Scanning Depth: 1″ (25.4mm)
Weight: 18 oz. (.51 kg)
Power: 4 AA batteries
MC Range: 5%-30%
We encourage you to call our Technical Service Department at (541) 291-5125 and let us help you properly measure MC percentage in wood with the following characteristics or any other similar or unusual issue you may encounter when working with a particular application: wood that is frozen, raft wood (salt water permeated), or lumber treated with CCA, ACQ, or any other treatment with metallic or other components that might bias moisture readings.