Embedded Systems Engineer
$75,000 – $85,000 a year
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Embedded Software: 3 years (Required)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop embedded systems using microcontrollers per marketing requirements and product specifications as set forth by the Engineering Manager; including embedded software development using C programming language and electronic circuit design.
- Determines engineering requirements by conducting inspections and analytical tests; analyzing and synthesizing data; maintaining control charts; determining root causes; preparing bid specifications.
- Resolves engineering problems by collecting and analyzing information; researching, analyzing, adapting, and modifying engineering techniques; recommending solutions; preparing drawings, schematics, and diagrams; evaluating components, materials, and suppliers; resolving design integration issues; developing specifications and safety standards.
- Verifies engineering applications by conducting tests and inspections; building and analyzing models and simulations; conducting laboratory experiments and measurements.
- Maintains project team accomplishments by communicating essential information; coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information to team meetings and reports; escalating project completion impediments.
- Meets cost standards by preparing cost-benefit analyses; tracking and reporting expenses.
- Complies with codes and regulations by complying with requirements; preparing permit applications, plans, and compliance reports.
- Prepares guidelines by describing operational and testing methods and procedures.
- Prepares engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; entering data and generating reports and presentations; performing calculations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging engineering practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Electronic circuitry systems design using microcontrollers, Assembly and C programming of microprocessors and microcontrollers, Dealing with Complexity, Presentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Drafting, Analytical Tools, Attention to Detail, Innovation.
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Electronics Engineering Technology. Should have 3 – 5 years’ experience or equivalent in embedded systems design and development. Must have very good verbal and written communication skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Word. Must be adept at using spreadsheets to perform computational analysis relating to statistics; Excel macro and/or VBA proficiency is desired.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place