Still getting relative humidity (RH) reading of 99%. What to do?
- Humid regions can influence the relative humidity (RH) in concrete
- Room’s with high humidity make it difficult for moisture to escape concrete
- Room’s humidity will equalize without HVAC running well
Date that the Slab was Poured
- Fresh slabs take longer to dry out (ideal conditions: 1 month for every inch)
- Moisture can penetrate through the bottom of concrete
- Older pours might not have a vapor barrier
Room Does Not Have HVAC Running
- HVAC systems pull small amounts of moisture out of a room
- Mitigation services specialize in pulling large amounts of moisture out of rooms
- HVAC systems are important when heating up a room
- Moisture likes to leave concrete when the air is warmer than the slab
Room is Colder than Concrete Slab
- Moisture will stay in the concrete if the slab is warmer than the air
You may want to look into Moisture Mitigation. It can be time-consuming and costly.
Please visit 8 REASONS TO TURN ON YOUR HVAC for more information.
The following two tabs change content below.
Wagner Meters is a family-owned American business that aims to provide solutions in moisture measurement technology that will enhance the quality and value of each customer's project. With an almost 60-year legacy of innovation, Wagner continues to be a resource for both individual craftsmen and high-performance commercial endeavors.
Latest posts by Wagner Meters (see all)
- With the Grain News – May 2018 - May 23, 2018
- Surface Testing Group Uses Rapid RH® to Aid Contractors - May 10, 2018
- Video 2 – Relative Humidity Testing for Concrete Floors - May 2, 2018