#Login Register
Which RH Probe to Choose: Reusable or Single Use?
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

03-06-2015, 11:57 AM #1
rapidrhrep Concrete Moisture Tutor **
Since the introduction of the all-new Rapid RH 5.0 reusable sensor, I've talked to a lot of customers about what type of relative humidity sensor will best suit their needs--reusable or single use. I've been seeing a consistent trend that I'd like to share. Let me know what you think.

Many customers are initially drawn to the idea of a reusable sensor. However, when I describe how a reusable requires extra time and labor (which the innovative 5.0 has reduced to the absolute minimum), most people question: Do I want to bother with the calibration checks and the annual recertification needed for each reusable sensor?

In the end, flooring and general contractors are usually drawn back to the inherent simplicity of the single-use Rapid RH 4.0 EX sensor. They like how it's designed for effortless compliance with ASTM F2170, with no calibration checks and recertification necessary.

On the other hand, I've found that the people (such as inspectors and engineers) whose main business is conducting moisture tests often go for a reusable system. They know  what's involved and don't seem to mind the extra work of maintaining an inventory of reusable sensors. For these people, who may be specifically looking for a fast, easy and affordable reusable, I encourage them to check out the new Rapid RH 5.0.

Jason Spangler
Wagner Meters

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies / Views Last Post
3 Replies 16,205 Views
Last Post by Ernesto
05-04-2011, 04:53 PM