CONTACT: Ron Smith, Sales Manager
(800) 944-7078 ext. 125
Julie Longanecker, Applications Specialist
(800) 944-7078 ext. 124
Wagner Electronics Introduces New KATview Software Package
Rogue River, OR (December 2007) – Wagner Electronics, the leading manufacturer of moisture measurement systems announced that it has introduced its new KATview software package. KATview (Kiln Analysis and Trending) software allows the industry to move to a new level of performance in kiln drying.
- Easy to use and understand graphical interface
- Trending chart helps operators view long term kiln performance
- Powerful moisture analysis tools to diagnose drying problems
- Can be easily added to any Wagner Electronics Apex In-Line Moisture Measurement system
- Easily interfaces with other systems within your mill
- Open architecture SQL Server model allows for quick and easy querying of KATview database for integration into other mill information systems
- Access KATview remotely over your LAN or WAN
As the result of input from many customers Wagner Electronics has spent the last two years developing the KATview software. According to Ed Wagner, President of Wagner Electronics, “KATview is the foundation of additional kiln drying improvements to be released in the near future.” One of these improvements includes Wagner’s new patented kiln drying model which will be introduced shortly in its “Moisture Management and Grade Recovery” program. This new drying model was developed in partnership with the University of British Columbia and with implementation development by Mike Milota of Oregon State University. These improved lumber drying tools will help kiln operators to achieve significantly improved grade recovery on a consistent basis.
The opportunity for significant grade recovery improvement is substantial. Wagner estimates that better moisture content management can result in a bottom line improvement of over $1 million dollars per year for many softwood mills running 100 MMbf per year.
Wagner Electronics provides the forest products industry with a complete line of moisture measurement systems optimizing moisture management for the sawmill, kiln and planer mill. With over 1,000 customers world-wide and over 40 years of experience in providing tools for dry kiln operators, Wagner Electronics is well positioned to provide additional value to the lumber industry.