Wagner Meters is proud to sponsor a luncheon and forum at World of Concrete focusing on quality in concrete slabs. More information below:
Concrete Construction’s Quality in Concrete Slabs Luncheon & Forum
Thursday, February 7, 2013 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Discuss with your peers and the industry experts how to stay on budget while placing slabs that dry properly. You will learn proven techniques contractors have used to meet a dry floor spec. In this interactive setting, you can pose questions to our experts, including:
- Scott Tarr, North S.Tarr Concrete Consulting, Dover, N.H.
- Jim Hayes, Contracts and Risk Manager for the Neenan Company, Fort Collins, Colo.
- Bill Lepito, Certified Floor Covering Consultants, Amesbury, Mass.
- Roland Vierra, Flooring Forensics, San Jose, Calif.
- Peter Craig, Concrete Constructives, Greene, Maine
Forum participants and the panel will discuss how to minimize exposure to back charges and litigation from this vexing problem. The panel will describe new materials and testing techniques that reveal what is happening in the slab, how dry it actually is, and what slab moisture levels are truly safe for the installation of impermeable flooring. The problems posed by fast-track construction will be discussed and alternative solutions, from moisture mitigation methods to self-desiccating concrete, will be open for discussion. After the session the forum’s conclusions will be hosted on the Concrete Construction website.
To register for this class, please visit www.WorldofConcrete.com