• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howard Kanare now working for Koster!!

Did you guys see the press release??

Howard is Koster's new technical director.

I am anxious to see how he likes this end of the business!!
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

Funny I was just looking at a letter for a complex job with 44K s/f of Koster on it by Bill Harol from pre-2010 & I was wondering who I would be dealing with if the job went ahead.

I'm unsure if this is good for 'the industry'. He wrote great articles that were unbiased. Now I can see all other manufacturers insisting on an 'or equal' to koster on specs which will confuse bids.

I have not seen any press release & his linkedin is still the same http://www.linkedin.com/pub/howard-kanare/a/260/71b

sending you an email....

Press Release For Immediate Release
KOSTER American Corp. Announces
Howard M. Kanare, KOSTER Technical Director

Virginia Beach, VA - KOSTER American Corp. today proudly announced and welcomed, Howard M. Kanare, as the Company's new Technical Director.

Named one of the "Top Ten Most Influential People in the Concrete Industry," Mr. Kanare joins the KOSTER American Corporation. For over 20 years, he has been a nationally-recognized expert specializing in the interaction of concrete floors and floor covering systems. He is known for making developments and advancements in the analysis and characterization of cement and concrete, floor construction, floor covering systems, and concrete moisture issues. Mr. Kanare remains on the cutting edge of our industry's development by performing and supervising hundreds of field and laboratory investigations of construction issues including moisture, floor coverings and coatings performance, adhesion failures, cracking, discoloration, plasticizer migration, effects of rolling loads, flatness issues, and concrete integrity. Mr. Kanare is a renowned consultant, lecturer, standards developer, and trainer for concrete floor construction. He has authored over 30 technical publications including the bestselling book, Concrete Floors and Moisture.

Mr. Kanare is a long-time active member and former officer of ASTM Committee F06 on Resilient Floor Coverings and F06.40 Subcommittee on Practices for Installation of Resilient Floor Coverings, and Co-Chair of Task Groups on moisture measurement in concrete and moisture suppression systems. He is the lead organizer of the Inter-Industry Working Group on Concrete Floor Issues that brought together floor covering manufacturers and construction industry leaders.

We are proud and pleased to have him on our team! Welcome, Howard!

KOSTER American Corp.
Basil Mewes
President
KOSTER American Corp.
Ray Hicks
National Sales Manager
JD Grafton
[email protected]

Just got it. Thanks!

I got this emailed to me. Quite an event to say the least. Suspect only Howard knows what got him to make such a move, but I think we all wish him well. Guess the manufacturers, customers and lawyers will need to turn to another industry authority for opinions, etc. Clearly, this move represents a conflict of interest for many.
JK Nixon
Concrete Restoration Services, LLC
Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.rhtester.com

I just realized .... he probably knows where all proverbial the bodies are buried.

(07-02-2013, 09:54 AM)CCR Wrote:  Suspect only Howard knows what got him to make such a move, but I think we all wish him well.

I wonder if a bigger salary had anything to do with it? Huh

Big Grin
JD Grafton
[email protected]

I'm thinking a big yes on the bodies and same for the bucks. He may have gotten sick of traveling, writing reports on the same failures and issues, speaking, and who knows what else? Maybe he just wants to wind down at this point of his life. Can't say as I would blame him one bit.
JK Nixon
Concrete Restoration Services, LLC
Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.rhtester.com

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon