• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calcium Carbide testing and Silicates

Floor curling results from the top drying faster than the bottom. A good design mix that limits the amount of free water will minimize the water in the lower portion of the slab which will help.

Good curing techniques will allow the top to stay wet for the first couple of days and the lower horizon will gain strength to resist curling. Then as the lower horizons dry over the first few months, the curling that occurs will relax and the floor will become flatter.

We had excellent results using concrete mixes that minimized the cement required, minimized the cement paste that needs water and creates all this movement.

It isn't the aggregate that is causing movement.

I see you added 'perform a single steel pass'... Be careful of that slippery slope. I like to tell the finisher I want a porous, absorptive surface, which will resemble sandpaper. We don't want a glassy black surface that looks like polished marble. They can finish the slab with combo blades even.
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

JD,
I promised I was not going to get sucked into one of your childish schoolyard arguments. Unfortunately I did. My apologies to the board!

Your keep making the false and ignorant statement that the industry "leaders" are not listening to us. They are, they do. The manufacturers I represent have some of the best independently tested products on the market. We outperform most of what is on the market. You have no basis to dispute those claims. The experts that objectively evaluate draw that same conclusion. Until you evaluate (an offer I have made to you on NUMEROUS occasions), you are in NO position to claim we do or do not work or how well we work.

Same holds true with our admixture and topically applied remediation systems. You claim we don't work because some expert with an agenda writes a carefully worded whitepaper based on his "evaluation" of old studies and outdated materials. And it wasn't even our system he wrote the piece on...LOL. Well that same expert cautions you to evaluate each product on it's merits. A suggestion you conveniently ignore.

Until you do that, you are in NO position to claim we don't work!

You are the one who CHOOSES to remain ignorant and I am the "wacko" in the Midwest?

Good Luck with that!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ICRI pH testing Concrete Repair Bulletin eaadams 4 2,401 05-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Ashok Kakade
  Tandus removes moisture testing requirement eaadams 2 4,077 09-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Last Post: eaadams
  RH Testing Thick Slabs CCR 33 47,983 11-21-2012, 10:19 AM
  Carbide moisture testing CC Solutions 4 8,661 09-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Last Post: CC Solutions
  Testing Cost eaadams 22 33,489 07-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Ernesto
  Mositure Testing Over Concrete Discussion Ernesto 36 67,802 04-19-2011, 04:59 PM
  I offered free RH testing CC Solutions 9 20,451 04-05-2011, 05:33 AM
  RH testing bob huesgen 2 8,538 09-30-2010, 08:27 AM
  Certified Testing Results Wesley Holley 11 27,197 09-20-2010, 03:01 PM
  Specific humidity or ERH or Calcium Carbide? Andy 11 25,621 05-11-2010, 03:22 PM

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon