• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapid RH video Ideas for Jason

eaadams made a great suggestion in another thread for Jason's next video.

We'd love to hear more of your feedback. if there are other ideas for industry related topics you want to hear more about, put them in this thread.

If you'd like to be rich and famous like our very own, Emmy award winner, Jason, make your own industry related video and let us know about it.

thanks!

Admin

Hard to come up with videos that compliment Wagner products.

I could really use one on sand blotter layers under slabs and their effect on moisture testing and reequilibration of slab moisture.

(12-06-2011, 08:41 PM)eaadams Wrote:  Hard to come up with videos that compliment Wagner products.

I could really use one on sand blotter layers under slabs and their effect on moisture testing and reequilibration of slab moisture.

We could go the the BVI and study sand up close.... Maybe pour a bottle of beer on it and see how long it takes to dissipate. We could write off the trip, the hotel and the beer!!! Big Grin

I have worked on projects where half the building is placed on a sand blotter and half was not. I was able to do core testing and moisture testing and see the effects first hand under exact conditions.

The biggest problem with a sand blotter (I think) is the fact that it removes the vapor retarder from direct contact with the slab. Doing this allows any moisture that penetrates the vapor retarder to accumulate and spread under the slab.

A 3/4" hole in a vapor retarder in contact with the concrete slab will not be a problem. A 3/4" hole in a vapor retarder under a blotter layer can be devastating.
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

Admin needs to bump up your warning level. Tongue
Stephen Perrera dba
Top Floor Installation Co.
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com
http://www.floorsavior.com

(12-07-2011, 07:42 AM)Ernesto Wrote:  Admin needs to bump up your warning level. Tongue

I've always wondered what that warning level thing was... Mine is always at 'condition red', it's never changed so I figured it was normal.
JD Grafton
[email protected]

How about a video of why one takes the slab surface temp... And then Wagner can sell a laser thermometer.

How about a video on light weight concrete/gypsum concrete moisture testing.

How about a video going over the error factor in Wagner probes. With many new adhesives going above 90% rh I forsee contractors saying that a test while high is within the plus minus error range.
How about a video on moisture content of laminate wood flooring.

Thanks for the ideas! Any more out there?

Admin

I'm sitting in an Ardex refresher class and they hand out this flyer for Wagner Rapid Rh probes.... We started discussing probes and all things related and then they plug in this video.......

Howard is first up, then Peter, then Ray puts in a few words, and who else is on there??? Is that a cameo of Jason spreading adhesive??? Hard to tell...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOcxeNthQus&feature=related

Then they showed Jason installing a probe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZyfogUvv7k&feature=related

Nice job Jason and Wagner! Nice videos! I'll be fielding questions at the bar tonight that weren't answered by Ardex, they went over the RH a bit quickly and left guys wondering about proper depth and where to place probes, and a couple guys were at break saying the probes would be great for commercial work, but residential sure wouldn't use them. I talked a bit to those guys and will work on them some more. Even placing a couple probes will help them immensely!!! I'll just send Jason the bar bill for my time spent discussing RH probes.Big Grin

Anyway we went into Ardex's training room and who do I see but Peter working on a top secret concrete issue.... (I'll deny I saw him if anyone asks)... so we chatted a bit and I asked him out to dinner with us. Hopefully he can come, he was working on a pretty cool project in typical Craig fashion, with nuts and bolts and hammers and bags of stone together with micrometers and precision measuring equipment... Tongue
JD Grafton
[email protected]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First to Spot Jason in Vegas Post here! hnelson 1 4,226 02-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Last Post: CC Solutions
  Dew Point Video and Orange Shirts Ernesto 10 17,346 04-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Last Post: CC Solutions
  Jason is a weenie CC Solutions 8 15,672 03-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Last Post: eaadams

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon