Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMS- Are some unreliable with high RH?
11-10-2011, 09:32 AM,
RE: MMS- Are some unreliable with high RH?
I don't know the permeability of the wood flooring you use. My moisture sensitive flooring is solid rubber, which holds moisture better than most vapor retarders.

All the earth can be considered 100% RH when you put a slab over it. There is an unlimited supply of vapor ready to come into your slab. Without a vapor retarder under a slab, all sheet vinyl flooring, VCT, rubber flooring, linoleum and sports floors will not be approved for installation.

I would suspect that your wood flooring has a similar requirement.

When I say a slab is good at 70%, that is a slab that is isolated from moisture intrusion. Again, if there is a way for moisture to get into that slab and raise the RH, all bets are off and all adhesive warranties are invalid. That is something you should know when you are putting a floor down with any manufacturer's adhesive.

I checked with Bostik regarding the use of their Bostik's Best adhesive. They are pretty clear that it is NOT for concrete slabs without a proper vapor retarder. So any installation with their Best on a slab with no retarder would void the warranty.

"For substrates that have an MVER of greater than 12 lbs or an RH greater than 82% or for substrates where a vapor barrier is not
used or is not functioning below slab
, use Bostik Ultra-Set® SingleStep™or Bostik MVP4/Bostik Adhesive System. "
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious

Messages In This Thread
RE: MMS- Are some unreliable with high RH? - CC Solutions - 11-10-2011, 09:32 AM