Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMS- Are some unreliable with high RH?
11-09-2011, 07:47 AM,
RE: MMS- Are some unreliable with high RH?
(11-09-2011, 07:20 AM)CC Solutions Wrote:  Yes the ASTM invalidates F1869 on moisture mitigation membranes. You should ask the committee for their reason why.

I have conducted tests on MMS. They have all been below 1lb calculated. I did these for clients that just wanted to see what would happen.

I have not done a CaCl on a glass plate. CTL has and has published the data. I do not need to do my own test to confirm or deny, I will trust Howard on this because there are a lot bigger fish to fry out there. Dodgy

I do believe the films I apply are working 100% of the time. I have tested them extensively and installed them perfectly. I have no reason NOT to believe. I have had zero failures in 15 years. No voodoo condensation showing up, no freak moisture attacks. No excuses. I don't use marginal products or products made for other purposes in an improper application. I always color within the lines.

I think I already know why the committee voted they way they did. And I am not trying to fry anyone. Just answering questions brought up in this thread and giving others a different perspective to think about.

As an installation contractorfor 20 years and being in the biz for 35 years and not having a failure either I have trained myself to question everything. I have seen the others take for granted what some manufacturers claim their products will do and have massive failures.

I also take anyones data with a grain of salt if they have a vested interest in seeing that the results favor the product they are selling.

Not eveyone can afford the top shelf products you use, and not all of them will be willing to pay for everything should there be a failure
Stephen Perrera dba
Top Floor Installation Co.
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com
http://www.floorsavior.com
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious

Messages In This Thread
RE: MMS- Are some unreliable with high RH? - Ernesto - 11-09-2011, 07:47 AM