• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walgreen's Slabs

Where in the world did you find those OLD probes???? Those are well past their date for certification.... Tongue
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

(12-06-2011, 08:29 PM)eaadams Wrote:  The carpet example is valid for what it was used. Astm is moving towards a standard where the perm rating of anything on top of another thing. I.e. your vapor retarder needs to have lower permeance than the carpet, your mms needs to have a lower permiance than your vapor variety, if you want to use products that breathe use a carpet on top. (the real objective is anti floor covering industry to drive spec writers to polished / stained concrete - but flooring people are too busy fighting for table scraps)

Anyway it is valid. But always remember that moisture movement does NOT mean that it is still not a wonderful environment for mold.

I'm just glad I do residential. I never appreciated spec writers, architects and GC's who don't understand moisture issues.

Quote:JD said, "Consider a porous carpet on a wet slab, everything breathes and the moisture goes right through.
The adhesive would be affected by the alkalinity over time."

I understood what he said but that applies to anything really.
(12-06-2011, 09:10 PM)CC Solutions Wrote:  Where in the world did you find those OLD probes???? Those are well past their date for certification.... Tongue

I found Jason's stash.
Stephen Perrera dba
Top Floor Installation Co.
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com
http://www.floorsavior.com

I still have a couple of the old one piece Wagner's taht had the special drill bit and the reader and probe in one.... I'll start the bidding at $50...
Tongue
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How about heated slabs? CC Solutions 4 5,477 12-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Last Post: CC Solutions
  RH Testing Thick Slabs CCR 33 47,726 11-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Last Post: eaadams
  Many are surprised to find OLD slabs are VERY WET! CC Solutions 6 15,978 12-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Ernesto

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon