Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Clinton will fix everything
09-19-2011, 02:12 PM,
Bill Clinton will fix everything
I saw Cigar Boy on TV this morning telling us he is getting world leaders together to fix the economy. The only thing he said that I agree with is all the bickering in the government makes for great politics and great news, but doesn't help get the job done!

I hope somebody gets the money flowing again. I called my bank this morning to see what CD rates are and they told me 0.1% yearly. I remember when checking accounts used to give you 4% interest.
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2011, 09:57 AM,
RE: Bill Clinton will fix everything
Common refrain from my friends: Bill Clinton for president of the World. He once walked up to my girlfriend from across a huge room recognizing her from a photo. It was really impressive.

The CD's are artificially low. My costs have gone up 10% in 2011 but my bids have probably gone down 10%. So we are slipping badly into deflation. The only reason we can't get higher %'s is the economy sucks so bad that the elasticity in the economy is shot. Every pickup is looking for work and holding prices down preventing any cost inflation which results in you getting poor CD's.

I will say our bank just renewed our credit lines. Which was awesome considering we posted a loss last year.

09-20-2011, 07:22 PM,
Maybe he can run for President again!Angel
Stephen Perrera dba
Top Floor Installation Co.
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com
http://www.floorsavior.com
09-20-2011, 08:35 PM,
(09-20-2011, 07:22 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  Maybe he can run for President again!Angel

It really doesn't matter who is in the big house. They really have no control over anything. And the rest of the government may start off with good intentions but they are soon coerced into compliant corruptivity. It's a big money making scandal.

My beef with Obama is he can't get past his partisan ways, and he sure isn't bringing anyone together to work out issues... Never liked the guy, and now most of America sees he is a fraud and his approval ratings are waaaaayyyy down.

I would have liked to see Ross Perot get a shot at the job, but he probably would have been assassinated in the first year....
JD Grafton
[email protected]
09-20-2011, 09:22 PM,
Yea that is the kicker. If there is a 3rd party candidate they could be a spoiler like Perot was. It could put Obama back in office. I could see bloomberg doing it. Really any billionaire could self finance enough to play a.spoiler.

09-21-2011, 06:58 AM,
You're a smart cookie Mr. Adams.

I'm sorry I let my political views taint the forum. I get kind of worked up about the ease that the media has in directing the sheeple.... That and polls... My God, the latest poll shows 85% or so of the people polled approve taxing millionaires to balance the budget. Who was polled? Are pollsters standing at the soup lines asking of anybody thinks millionaires should be taxed more? Uggg. I can rant about this for hours...

This is well said from another source and makes you wonder:

The entire concept of a progressive income tax was enshrined (and made popular) by Karl Marx. In fact it is the second plank of Marx's manifesto. Like our second amendment, marx's second plank was designed to ensure the first. No, freedom of speech is not the first plank-rather elimiating the right to own property is the first. Just as arms can be used to ensure the right to free speech, the progressive income tax is designed to ensure the loss of property (or rather transfer of it to the "ruling class"). Along these lines I do not wish to tax anyone who earns more than I do at a higher rate-I'd rather learn from them and have them teach my children how they became successful.

Warren Buffet and Obama colluded so that each gains from the alliance and the American people are put on the hook for both. At the same time the US debt was downgraded, so too was Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway. Almost immediately the two joined forces with Buffet suggesting he would give US debt 5 stars. Shortly thereafter Buffet bought a massive stake in Bank of America. Huh? What does this have to do with the subject? Bank of America still holds a lot of 'toxic' assets which need to be written off before the end of 2012. To most that sounds like a bad investment because it is! To Obama and Buffet that is an opportunity to use use money taken from US citizens to bail out BofA and reward Buffet for his support. Far fetched? Um no-remember GM? GE? BP? they all benefitted from their support of Obama.
JD Grafton
[email protected]
09-21-2011, 07:51 PM,
Everyone seems to agree about having a flat tax cept the lobbyists for accountants. Big Grin

If there were no lobbyists and campaign donations allowed they would bet something done in Washington.

Reagan and Carter got no campaign donations.
Stephen Perrera dba
09-21-2011, 09:21 PM,
Flat tax?? HA! So with a true flat tax at say 12%, EVERYBODY would pay 12% right???
Come on over here to Milwaukee.... about 1/2 the city is WAY below poverty level... You expect them to pay 12% of the $10,000 a year they make???

We have a flat tax now, it's called AMT. You get to pay 28% of what you make, no deductions.... It sucks.
JD Grafton
[email protected]
09-22-2011, 06:50 AM,
(09-21-2011, 09:21 PM)CC Solutions Wrote:  Flat tax?? HA! So with a true flat tax at say 12%, EVERYBODY would pay 12% right???
Come on over here to Milwaukee.... about 1/2 the city is WAY below poverty level... You expect them to pay 12% of the $10,000 a year they make???

We have a flat tax now, it's called AMT. You get to pay 28% of what you make, no deductions.... It sucks.

Sounds like you need to fire your accountant.Wink
Stephen Perrera dba
09-22-2011, 08:56 AM,
You are hitting the AMT? Wow. In the economy today that is impressive! Perhaps we need to open a branch in Milwaukee, sounds like margins are good up there.

Side note, does everyone use Milwaukee power tools there? Always wondered about that, like using Hilti in Germany.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious