• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epoxy over 7 day old slab

Thanks again JD. gene

(08-21-2011, 08:06 AM)CC Solutions Wrote:  Koster and Ardex are my two main products. I did a Koster job Thursday and an Ardex job Saturday. I had a chance to use the newish Ardex MC Rapid. Weird stuff for sure. Filled with metallic specs which are supposed to help provide the barrier layer.

It's funny how Ardex and Koster approach the same goal from completely different perspectives. Both companies are excellent. I have not used Aquafin but it seems to be a solid product with a good reputation.

To be a Levelmaster Elite, you must be recommended by an Ardex rep and pass their tests. They don't let many become Elite, but anyone can buy Ardex products. Koster will not sell products to the public, you must go through their training.

For the MC Rapid, we are installing today a job over our local Levelmaster Elite favorite surface prep guy and the sealer he used they said has graphite in it. We saw some shiny reflective black where the Feather Finish was a little thin. It must have been this MC Rapid product. I'd like to know EVERYTHING you can tell me about that product.

It is true about the Levelmaster Elite. Very few get there and some have fallen off over time because it is expensive. However, I love to tell attorneys "this should be done by a Levelmaster Elite". It gives them a standard that I don't have to justify.

Aquafin is a significant player in the North East & New England. They have been trying to make inroads in California. However, after their sales pitch was that they will sell to anyone... I walked away ... with haste.

I can tell you the MC Rapid stinks something fierce!!!! You wouldn't want to spread a bunch out in an operating hospital.... (like I did Big Grin ).
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

Whattype of epoxy? Amid-based or amine-based?
Rayt

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon