Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can tape over the probe cause erroneous readings?
07-24-2013, 04:47 PM,
RE: Can tape over the probe cause erroneous readings?
(07-12-2012, 12:50 PM)eaadams Wrote:  I have a 2nd tester now using a puddy like caulking between the cap and sleve / concrete. Fails often but doesn't prevent surface moisture from coming out.

Is there such a thing as a duct type tape that breaths? like a mesh tape? I'd be more comfortable with that.

In reality I picture a new wagner product. It would be a cylinder (battery shaped) made to fit in the meter hole. It would fill the hole and prevent debris from entering and then I would also have a metal core running the full length so I could remove it with a [edit: magnet]. If you wanted to get fancy you could integrate a mushroom cap shape to it to protect the edges.

One year after your post I can tell you for months now I have been using Loctite clear or white adhesive caulk sealant to secure my Wagner caps. It dries pretty fast and does a great job keeping debris out of my Wagner Sensors during the 72 hour test cycle. It even comes in squeeze tubes so you don't need to lug a caulk gun around. About $3.00 a tube at Lowe's and Home Depot.
JK Nixon
Concrete Restoration Services, LLC
Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.rhtester.com
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can tape over the probe cause erroneous readings? - CCR - 07-24-2013, 04:47 PM