• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hammer Drill / Vacuum (Battery)

Does anyone have any recommendations of good battery operated Hammer Drill and Vacuum?

I bought a $700 hilti that ate itself (sparks coming out) when drilling into a 40 year old slab.

Your Hilti was battery powered? I find it difficult to imagine a battery powered one able to perform lots of holes without over heating.

I guess battery powered would be great if out on a large new slab or remodel where power is not close by. How bout a small generator on wheels?

On new construction a battery powered hammer drill is just fine. Drills enough holes no problem. However when I hit an old slab it overheated. Mine is an old ni-cad type battery. The Hilti people have told me the new Lithium Ion drills are far superior and there is no reason to have a cord any more.

Still haven't found a battery powered vacuum.

Here's some advice that I hope doesn't get me in hot water....

Use a can of compressed air to blow the dust out of the hole.
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

DeWalt makes a corded/cordless vacuum. I saw it in home depot.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DC515K-Gallon-18-Volt-Cordless/dp/B000BAURXY/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2D7KTJEA3HD05&colid=KNTUIRJM9419

Ni-Cad. The moment that goes Li-Ion I am getting one!

Found a better one for my car: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AHMQ90/ref=pe_109300_17054560_pe_epc_d7

That one looks great! And not very expensive either!

I hated lugging a big vac around and trying to find power in a new building is impossible. Especially on a floor where nobody is working yet and temp power may be several hundred feet away.
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

Ive been using Cordless Milwaukee equipment for the last year or so and have had a lot of luck with them...V28 Powered Grinder, Vac and Hammer Drill.

You use an angle grinder for CaCl tests? That's not enough to get all the carbonation off.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon