• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ardex V1200

I've poured about 1000 bags of Ardex V1200 over the last month and I am really beginning to like it!!

We poured 100 bags on a job where two slab elevations were off and I ended up putting the V1200 in 2 1/2" thick (two lifts) and I was pleased to find ZERO cracking and a perfect finish.

We pumped in about 600 bags on a retail floor with some low areas and some feathering to nothing and it flows nice, heals nice and finishes nice. Very consistent! No surprises when it's warm in a building or cool. We've mixed with differing water temps and it always flows nicely.

Pricing is pretty good too if you buy in quantity.
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

I thought you follow the instructions.... "Install up to 1 1/4”, can be tapered to meet existing elevations"

I do.... Two lifts. Big Grin

Besides.. Think about it. Why do you think it can go only to 1 1/4" thick? Huh

There's a reason, but it's more bean counter than scientific. Tongue
And somehow I KNEW you'd catch that.... Big Grin
JD Grafton
[email protected]

Is it true that K55 costs twice what K15 costs?

Not twice as much, but a lot more than I am willing to shell out. I can see it being used on fast track small jobs, but if I'm leveling 5,000sf I won't mind waiting for primer to dry to save a few grand..... Wink
JD Grafton
[email protected]

Be cautious. Ardex may not back you up if there's an issue and you did a job in two lifts with V1200
JK Nixon
Concrete Restoration Services, LLC
Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.rhtester.com

Good advice CCR, and I always listen to good advice! Wink

I was sure to ask my Ardex rep ahead of time and received Ardex's recommendation for installation, i.e. how long to let the base dry and how to prime between layers. I'm not saying nothing could ever go wrong but at least I'm following their advice.
JD Grafton
[email protected]

When I was an Ardex Rep, I never deviated from what was stated in the technical literature knowing that ALL manufacturers will use any deviation from their installation practices to get out of claim if one is filed over a failed installation. Granted, many installers would ask if they could to "this or that" with a product, hoping for an exception to the rule. My response was always to follow the directions, or use another Ardex product. Bottom line was that I had to protect myself as well, and didn't want to risk approving an installation practice in the field. I never had any issues following that practice.

JK Nixon
Pittsburgh, PA

Do you have an issue with using 1 1/4" of V1200 over 1 1/4" of V1200?

Once the first level is down and dry, what's wrong with adding a second lift?

Just wondering if you have seen a problem.
JD Grafton
[email protected]

Let me put it this way. I have seen V1200 put down upwards of 5" in lifts. Will it last like K-15 at 5"?? Only time will tell. It was done at a mall in Cleveland last year and they may have added pea gravel. Don't know if Ardex sent a letter to the installer approving the practice, but it was done. I think several truckloads were placed.

For my money I would have recommended K-15 with pea gravel which is in the literature. I think the cost difference would have been negligable. If Ardex sends a letter approving any out of the ordinary installation practice - great. They know their stuff and their products' limitations. Their stuff always works...it just costs so d#!* much compared to a slowly growing list of technically comparable products.

Their competition is definitely nipping at their heels.
JK Nixon
Pittsburgh, PA

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon