• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relative Humidity Probes

Hey,

Has anyone tried both the Rapid RH long reader and short reader? I know the short reader used to be the standard, but now it seems like Wagner is pushing the long one. Does any one have any preferences, or know why?

Thanks.

From Wagner:
Quote:Wagner has found that many people prefer the standard (long) reader, simply because it's easier to hold on to. On the other hand, there are those who like to leave the reader in the hole and purchase the short reader.

I prefer the long reader, I have fat fingers and it is difficult to use the short ones. I would see no value in leavng the short readers in the sensor. I would think someone might need them worse than you do!
Rayt

I think the new orange long reader has the ability to hold the info after taken out of the hole. Besides the fact it's easier to use on deeper depths. I gots fat fingers as well.

What do you guys use for getting the short reader in and out of deeper holes?
Stephen Perrera dba
Top Floor Installation Co.
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com
http://www.floorsavior.com

I used a loop of chalk line attached to the bail on the reader. I would keep it tight to allow me to hold the bail up so II could find the slot and turn into position.
Rayt

Back when we had the short reader I just drilled all holes an inch deep. That made it easy to use the reader.

NOT!!! Big Grin But hey, I did find some guys that actually wouldn't drill deeper than 1 1/2" because they couldn't get the reader in and out.... Seriously!

I have a small needle-nose pliers that worked pretty good. Love the longer reader though.
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ambient humidity vs. RH Rubensgt40 19 38,639 10-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Last Post: CC Solutions
  Questioning the results of RH probes brian 4 9,784 10-13-2011, 03:09 PM
  Relative Humidity Probe Depth mwoody 10 22,681 03-24-2011, 07:00 AM
  Specific humidity or ERH or Calcium Carbide? Andy 11 25,635 05-11-2010, 03:22 PM
  Recalibration of Relative Humidity Probes jpeters 7 18,897 12-17-2009, 12:16 PM
  Relative Humidity Probes CMoore 1 7,850 02-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Last Post: rthompson

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon