• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scissor Lift knocing off probe tops.

Have a common problem where scissor lifts tend to drive over orange test sites.

1: does dirt in the sensor area affect the test?
2: would placing a vinyl traffic cone above test sites affect test results?

Dirt can be vacuumed or blown out of the sensor tube, usually with no problem.

Placing a cone over the test site is like placing a bullseye on something. They will hit it for sure!!! But seriously, anything that will disrupt or impede the drying of the slab will affect the RH in that area. So I would say placing a sealed 16" diameter rubber cone over the test site will hold vapor emissions and slow the slab's drying in that area. A small open top cone may effect drying a slight bit, but probably not enough to cause a noticeable difference.

I always try to put tests in locations that people aren't driving over the caps.
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

When I used Tramex I'd have those long sleeves that stuck up from the floor. I would cut a 2x4 about 16" long and drill a 2" hole in the center of the board. Then I would place the 2x4 over the probe hole and shoot it into the concrete.

One of the last jobs I mitigated had 2x4's over the Wagner Rapid RH caps with a similar hole in the board, then the GC put another 2x4 on top of that and ran a screw into the corner of the top board to act as a hinge. The top block could be flipped open for reading and swung closed to keep things clean. Pretty slick set-up, but I'm not sure if it would affect the rate of emissions at the probe site.

One of Wagner's attributes is the completely buried sleeve that is not subject to damage. Saaaayyyy .... Eaadams.... You're not using anything but Wagner's are you?? Tongue
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can tape over the probe cause erroneous readings? CC Solutions 22 38,329 06-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Ernesto

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon