#Login Register
reusable probe question
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

04-27-2015, 10:04 PM #1
eaadams Concrete Moisture Expert *****
I just got a report back from an ICRI certified tester.  He even does ICRI certs and exams.  The slab is an old slab with carpet on it.  Tests read between 54-70%.  I've never seen results so low.  
On his report, he placed the probes and read them the same day.  Says that is all that has to be done, no 72hr re-read requirement.  When I inquired about this he said: 
"used reusable teamed probes - check for drift after minutes and if there is no drift, the reading stands"
I'm relatively sure he is using Rapid RH 5.0 (always used 4.0 ex in the past) probes so can anyone tell me is this something new with being able to place and read the same day and look for "drift" you can use that?  
And what is a teamed probe? 

05-07-2015, 04:18 PM #2
rapidrhrep Concrete Moisture Tutor **
(04-27-2015, 10:04 PM)Evan:I have to say, I have never heard the term "teamed probe".  I think someone has misinterpreted the standard.  Drift is only utilized after a hole has been drilled and a sleeve or sleeve and sensor are installed, then left for 72 hours.  As you know, reading the same day will get you VERY close when using the Rapid RH system, but it would not be by the letter of the ASTM law. eaadams Wrote:  I just got a report back from an ICRI certified tester.  He even does ICRI certs and exams.  The slab is an old slab with carpet on it.  Tests read between 54-70%.  I've never seen results so low.  
On his report, he placed the probes and read them the same day.  Says that is all that has to be done, no 72hr re-read requirement.  When I inquired about this he said: 
"used reusable teamed probes - check for drift after minutes and if there is no drift, the reading stands"
I'm relatively sure he is using Rapid RH 5.0 (always used 4.0 ex in the past) probes so can anyone tell me is this something new with being able to place and read the same day and look for "drift" you can use that?  
And what is a teamed probe? 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies / Views Last Post
8 Replies 20,878 Views
Last Post by CC Solutions
07-30-2012, 04:42 PM
2 Replies 11,019 Views
Last Post by Hbenavente
10-03-2008, 02:09 PM