• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
concrete thermal conductivity sensors!!!

Hi;
i want to measure the thermal conductivity and moisture inside of concrete(scc)!!
could anyone help me to find such standard methods;using simple instrument??
and plz help me to find thasts ASTM numbers for measuring thermal conductivity and moisture conductivity!!!

I may be wrong here, but because concrete is a heterogenous product, the constituents of the mix will each carry their own properties, and those properties will influence moisture and conduction as the concrete 'recipe' changes. That would lead me to believe there is no 'easy' test for measuring moisture in concrete. The thermal conductivity may be easier to quantify, at least on a rough scale, because concrete is highly conductive from the start, and not much is going to change that aspect.

If you could get a sample and bake it until the weight no longer changes you could determine the free water content.

Perhaps I misunderstand your question. Can you tell us what your goal is?
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

I would think that person is talking about thermal mass, the ability to store heat? In which case I think you have to get each componets singular thermal mass and then add them up. That calulation I have no idea about either but sounds interesting. Big Grin

my question is:

How to measure'' temperature'' and ''moisture'' of one point INSIDE of concrete using simple instrument???

tnx my friend!!
im waiting 4 ur replay!

Yes, I sent you a PM. I may as well post it here also!

The Wagner Rapid RH probe is an extremely easy, inexpensive and reliable method for determining internal temperature and humidity of concrete. You simple drill a hole in the concrete and insert a disposable reading device. You can begin reading the results almost immediately and have certified results after 72 hours. These probes are about $35 each.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. JD
JD Grafton
[email protected]

Rolleyes 
Tnx so much for your help my friend!!

but just one another question!!
whats the suitble and simple instrument for measuring ''temperature'' inside of concrete?

I'm sorry, the Wagner Rapid RH measures temperature also. It is inherent to determining RH.

You can also use an infrared thermometer I would suspect. These are very inexpensive and can give you instant concrete temperature readings on the surface. Because concrete has such a low R-value, the temperature on a floor slab is relatively consistent through the thickness I think.
JD Grafton
[email protected]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ICRI pH testing Concrete Repair Bulletin eaadams 4 2,704 05-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Ashok Kakade
  35-40 year old concrete with moisture problems Tscdad 13 8,015 05-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Last Post: eaadams
  Concrete Hood Method Blake McFee 9 27,667 11-08-2013, 01:41 PM
  RH in Concrete for Wood Floor with Vapor Membrane eaadams 35 65,231 05-01-2013, 07:20 AM
Last Post: jim decker
Question Concrete Cork Sandwich Floor System JKJeremy 4 8,414 01-30-2013, 04:43 PM
  Self consolidating concrete (SCC) eaadams 32 61,499 05-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Last Post: CC Solutions
  World of Concrete 2012 eaadams 0 3,500 03-23-2012, 09:40 AM
  Old concrete slab moisture DeanC 23 51,344 12-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Last Post: foxgeorge
  Self-leveling concrete - My bonehead mistake CC Solutions 37 66,893 09-20-2011, 10:07 AM
  Concrete Surface Texture eaadams 12 27,467 06-21-2011, 11:47 AM

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon