• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
astm meeting last week

I hear the rh testing spec is getting a big change again?!?! Sleeves are changing, probes are changing, the spec is changing.

I hear they had some serious talk about psi in concrete and the rh testing and speed of drying.

So what is the real story?

*************** Quote from eaadams **************
I hear the rh testing spec is getting a big change again?!?! Sleeves are changing, probes are changing, the spec is changing.

I hear they had some serious talk about psi in concrete and the rh testing and speed of drying.

So what is the real story?
************* End Quote from eaadams *************

Hi eaadams,
You have been misinformed.

There was no discussion of a need for changing sleeves or probes. I think you may be (or the person you heard this from) referring to the changes that occurred some time ago to the F2170 standard. With those changes, the probe designs and sleeve arrangement were modified, but all the manufacturers have already made those modifications and are now available.

I don't recall any discussions about PSI in concrete or speed of drying, but maybe that was outside the venue of F2170.

I think the ASTM committee is open for joining and only has an annual membership fee of about $75 if I recall correctly. I would encourage you to see about joining the committee and then maybe attending some of the meetings to stay properly informed and actively involved with the latest events and occurrences surrounding F2170.

Best Regards

Welcome to the forum rhguru. Care to introduce yourself?

That is a very direct and informed answer & your first post.

Appears there are working on a revision: http://www.astm.org/DATABASE.CART/WORKITEMS/WK44434.htm

Hi,
Sure; I am an Engineering manager for one of the manufacturers of RH testing equipment that is used for F2170 testing.

According to the link you posted, the work-item is for precision (and bias) statement for inclusion to the current standard.

I believe P&B (Precision and Bias) statements are commonly found in ASTM standards. Here is a blurb about them:
http://www.astm.org/SNEWS/MARCH_2000/P&B_mar00.html

I have participated (mostly by providing equipment and observing) in this work item since I am on the committee and represent one of the involved manufacturers.

A P&B statement has nothing to do with the specifications for the equipment or procedures, other than showing the expected results of implementing the standard per those definitions and procedures with qualifying equipment, etc...

Regards

Oh ok so that means the details as to the +/- accuracy of the test might be updated?

That's correct. Again, for details about a precision and bias statement included in an ASTM standard, please check this out:
http://www.astm.org/SNEWS/MARCH_2000/P&B_mar00.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASTM E1907 ?!? eaadams 3 7,914 04-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Last Post: eaadams
  City Supervisors Meeting eaadams 12 23,545 09-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Last Post: CC Solutions
  ASTM F2170 Certification? jpeters 16 37,642 05-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Last Post: budley-19

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon