Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems in the UK, HELP!!!!
09-07-2012, 12:01 PM
RE: Problems in the UK, HELP!!!!
Hi Rubens, nice answer, it helps alot to be honest, it confirms to me that the hood test isn't any good!!!

I'm not a surveyer, but a very concerned tiler with a bee in his bonnet about these screeds, so i have NO survey gear at all to speak of. I used to borrow a hygrometer with a foam hood, but now realise by the very nature of what the U.S seems to say, is that this test is useless on these screeds because of the varying densities, and seeing the Rapid system here, that made total sense to me.
So i thought mmm how do i test these floors by deep probes and thought of using thermal imaging. I saw one used on a faulty electric underfloor heating project, very impressive piece of kit, detecting the heating cables only after a few seconds of being switched on.
So i'll bounce the question back to you, what thermal equipment do you use,i'm guessing we're talking big $'s!!
One last question, to find the the pipes the heating needs to be on. Do you thermal image the floor whilst its running, mark a suitable spot, leave a few days to cool, and then drill where the mark is? My basic knowledge tells me drilling there and then with the heating on will give false readings.
Any help would be great as i'm really getting my teeth into this matter.
JB.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious

Messages In This Thread
Problems in the UK, HELP!!!! - bugs183 - 09-04-2012, 01:42 AM
RE: Problems in the UK, HELP!!!! - Ernesto - 09-04-2012, 07:06 PM
RE: Problems in the UK, HELP!!!! - bugs183 - 09-05-2012, 07:12 AM
RE: Problems in the UK, HELP!!!! - bugs183 - 09-07-2012 12:01 PM
RE: Problems in the UK, HELP!!!! - Ernesto - 09-08-2012, 12:31 PM