• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMS- Are some unreliable with high RH?

(11-10-2011, 08:33 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  I'd be happy to take that up with them or you in court. If my Rapid Rh reader says less than 82% I am golden prior to installation.

Do you understand the difference between past tense, present tense and future tense?

How can anyone possibly know if the floor is going to be over 82% after the floor is installed? Why do YOU test PRIOR to your jobs?

See what teflon can do to your brain? Cool

LOL!! Yes, I suppose I have Teflon Brain Syndrome.... Confused

This is another situation where you aren't following along....Wink If you meet all the parameters for the warranty you are showing due diligence. That is good.

If you install on a floor with no vapor retarder you are liable for any failure, no matter what the readings were or are! Remember when I said some slabs I don't have to test to know they fail? Any missed checkpoint is a failure. No vapor retarder, FAIL! The manufacturer spells this out clearly. Exclamation And the reason they require the slab to be isolated is because they know that a slab with a moisture source has the ability to become extremely wet and fail over time.

Now if a floor is elevated on a deck, and my Rapid RH tests are 80% at 40% depth, I KNOW the floor is not going to be 90% in a year. That's why I test. I do not test floors with no vapor retarder unless I am doing it as a special request for curiosity sake. There is just no point, as the entire installation is a gamble unless the floor is properly mitigated.
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: MMS- Are some unreliable with high RH? - CC Solutions - 11-10-2011, 09:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who Says Rapid Rh Reads High? Ernesto 3 9,473 08-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Last Post: CC Solutions
  High Rapid RH readings?? ddemento 49 82,580 12-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Ernesto
  high rh in concrete chas04344 2 9,046 09-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Last Post: chas04344

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon