Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How are you addressing cracks?
08-31-2011, 02:54 PM
RE: How are you addressing cracks?
(08-31-2011 11:53 AM)eaadams Wrote:  
(08-26-2011 02:30 PM)CC Solutions Wrote:  If a crack hasn't moved in a month, after I seal the slab it may very well move later! The slab has been drying out the top, the top has shrunk, and the slab is most likely curled a bit and raised at the control joints. When I epoxy that slab the moisture will redistribute and the slab will relax and un-curl a bit. If there is any patch in those control joints it will be squished out. I don't want my self-leveler in the joints and cracks because I am really going to rock the slab's world and it is going to probably change because of what I do.

"Fill it with cement, epoxy over it to seal it well, and put flooring on it. It will hold up"

So I am confused. You put cement in the crack not your self leveler then you epoxy over it / patch then put flooring on top. Seems like a contradiction.

No contradiction! For a really large crack I'd fill it with a rapid setting concrete. For small cracks, I like to fill them with epoxy when I flood the floor, any that don't fill completely I fill with polyurea.

Concrete and self-leveler are two very different animals!!! You never want a patch or leveler in cracks. And you never mitigate over patch or levelers, your epoxy mitigation only goes on concrete.

JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious

Messages In This Thread
RE: How are you addressing cracks? - CC Solutions - 08-31-2011 02:54 PM