• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do You Charge For Testing?

There is a thing called a mechanics lien and once you file it and the owner of the building finds out the general contractor generally pays real quick. You must file within a certain time frame I understand a little different from state to state. My homeowners association was doing a major roofing job and when we found out we had a lien the homeowners association paid and deducted from roofing contractor's contract. When all else fails this works however you may do the contractors work again. But you will get paid.

I have heard so many stories of liens and how they don't work I wonder if they are ever worth the hassle. It seems only if the payer rolls over and pays, then the outcome is favorable. At least in the midwest.

I don't know how common liens are in commercial work. I've never seen them happen.
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

Don't really know regarding concrete testing but the roofing job was 750.000 job. 203 units, and when a homeowner wanted to sell and found out he couldn't due to lien he informed the board and the property management company paid and deducted as I stated before. Of course the project was ongoing eventually we tossed out the company and had another finish. A friend had a lien due to a judgement in a car accident he went to sell his house 2 years later and discovered a lien on his property. Luckily he was able to track the guy down as he moved and paid him.
However nothing is guaranteed! It is just another avenue to pursue for payment you are unable to collect any other way.

As I mentioned in a previous reply, I was paid. I was just about ready to file a claim with the local magistrate. I almost wish it had come to that because my lien for an unpaid invoice of
$2,400 would have totally put a stop to the the owner's ability to purchase a $3 or 4 million property. I would have been like a little flea on the big 'ol dog. Big Grin

Probably why I was paid. Timing is everything. Not sure about all the other subs owed millions in total. What a business!!Huh
JK Nixon
Concrete Restoration Services, LLC
Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.rhtester.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink article on testing eaadams 3 6,494 09-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Last Post: CC Solutions
  No Testing Requirements ???? CCR 3 5,404 06-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Last Post: eaadams
  Moisture Testing Awareness raised Down Under... Horror abounds... Rubensgt40 6 9,925 05-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Rubensgt40
  insuti testing jim decker 27 27,847 05-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Last Post: jim decker
  RH & CC Testing CCR 23 42,457 07-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Last Post: CC Solutions
  RH Testing For Parking Garages CCR 6 9,853 07-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Last Post: CCR
  Wood Floor Testing eaadams 1 5,519 06-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Last Post: hnelson

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon