• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASTM F2170 Certification?

Yes CMoore, there are too many problems with it, and manufacturers are realizing that a proper CaCl test can be conducted and good numbers harvested yet the floor may have moisture related problems in the future.
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

Wink 
The International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI) launched the very first Certification Program for Concrete Moisture Testing Technician, Grade 1 at this years World of Concrete in Las Vegas.

Anyone interested should go to http://www.icri.org for more information.

Been waiting for my local chapter to announce the next cert. Or you can do the Wagner cert for 75 bucks

ICRI Certification program is based on the following materials:
ASTM F 1869-04 Measuring Moisture Vapor Emission Rate of Concrete Sub-floor using Anhydrous Calcium Chloride; ASTM F 710-08 Preparing Concrete Floors to Receive Resilient Flooring; ASTM F 2170-02 Determining Relative Humidity in Concrete Floors Slabs Using in-situ Probes; ASTM F 2420-05 Determining Relative Humidity on the Surface of Concrete Floor Slabs Using Relative Humidity probe Measurement and Insulated Hood; and ACI 302.2R-06 Guide for Concrete Slabs that Receive Moisture Sensitive Flooring Materials, Chapter 3 and 4.

This is a full 2 day program that requires the individual to pass a written and field application test before achieving certification status. You will see changes in specifications before long requiring testing to be done by and ICRI Certified Technician. This is the wave of the future in the flooring industry with regards to testing.

Whats with the F2420-05 method? Is that still being used? I thought it was determined to be more hassle than it's worth.

I've got the equipment for the 2420, but I can't see the validity of the test. I can prove my mitigation system is functioning as designed, but on bare concrete what am I proving? Again, we're just reading the top horizon of concrete and not getting a good picture of the potential moisture contained in the slab.
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

No one has posted anything here since March but FYI...

ICRI has a Certification Training program scheduled for June in Atlanta, GA. Anyone interested can go to http://www.ICRI.org for more info. (Certified Concrete Moisture Testing Technician, Grade 1)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  astm meeting last week eaadams 5 3,063 05-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Last Post: rhguru
  ASTM E1907 ?!? eaadams 3 7,880 04-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Last Post: eaadams
  ICRI Certification eaadams 13 27,999 03-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Last Post: CC Solutions

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon