• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASTM F2170 Certification?

What papers do I need for making sure I'm compliant with ASTM F2170? Is there any special procedire for that?

Thanks for your help, as always.

You can hire a third party testing firm to perform the testing.

what testing method are you planning on using?
Quote:You can hire a third party testing firm to perform the testing.

Yes, you can, and in some cases I'd suppose that would make life easier. However, if you want to do a rh test, for instance, there's no reason that you couldn't do it yourself, at least that I can see. Is there?

Ok, so once you have done the test what is the RH% cut off? 75% RH?
80% RH? I don't know of any suppliers that list a RH% maximum. With the calcium Chloride test you can acertain a psi nuimber. Put down a vapor retarder and measure vapor pressure again to see if you are within the suppliers range <3 psi but the RH in the slab will be the same. Right?

I know of a number of major manufacturers that have developed maximum limits for their products; among others, Armstrong, Forbo and Nora. For wood, the National Wood Flooring Association has, for a number of years, had a recommended maximum of 75%.

I also understand that there is no correlation between CaCl values and RH readings because they are not reading the same thing.

I was talking to a rep for Stauf about rh testing and what their number was, they do not have one on their website. He said they will not test their product for any number and only want CaCl tests performed because they do not spprove of the rh test.

And this coming from a German manufacture?? Thats gotta throw a stick into the spokes eh?

I didn't think that anyone outside of N.America specified CaCl tests.

Ben, neither did I. I have no clue as to what they specify outside the U.S. I only know what the rep said and what is on their installation specs. Go read it.

We need to teach the manufacturer's yet.... Big Grin

CaCl will be phased out of the US over the next 2-3 years.

As far as certified testing of RH? Nothing yet, but I'd like to see a certification program created.... I'm working on that one!

Even if you do hire out testing to a third party, be sure to watch the testing take place!!!! I have documented a 90% + rate of improper testing in the field.

And I always recommend taking several of your own tests. As long as your numbers and the tester's numbers jive, you can rest easy. But if there is a wide disparity you can look for the reason and verify your numbers.

Where the rubber hits the road is not in initial testing, but when there is a failure and the floor is opened up and new tests are installed. That is when you want to be sure all the testing you did previously was done properly, because now is when you're going to find out if you missed something important!
JD Grafton
Concrete Answers for Flooring Problems
[email protected]

CaCl phasing out? for real? I'm ready for that day!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  astm meeting last week eaadams 5 3,119 05-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Last Post: rhguru
  ASTM E1907 ?!? eaadams 3 7,914 04-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Last Post: eaadams
  ICRI Certification eaadams 13 28,113 03-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Last Post: CC Solutions

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon