Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-29-2012, 12:38 PM
I have set 100's if not 1000's of wagner probes. I went to a job today and opened a new pack of probes and found that they were a new series 4.0 probes. I had to set 7ea probes. I totally destroyed 3 probes and I have no confidence that the ones I was able to set are at the bottom of the hole.

Wagner has taken a very good system and Rube Goldberged it into a system that is barely usable. Please fix this 4.0 system or go back to the old system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2012, 02:51 PM
RE: 4.0
Greg:
First of all I want to apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this change has caused you. As Wagner always has, we take all feedback from our customers very seriously, whether good or bad. Based on this feedback, from day one, we have made revisions to the Rapid RH that better met the demands of our customers. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, ASTM F2170 changed in 2011 making it necessary for us to make minor revisions to our Rapid RH 4.0. One of the changes is the requirement that the sleeve to go all the way from top to bottom in the hole. This is why the latest version, the Rapid RH 4.0EX, was developed. All of this being said, I would like to hear, in more specifics, the problems you are encountering with the Rapid RH 4.0EX design. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Jason Spangler
Wagner Meters
Rapid RH Product Sales Manager
541-582-0541 X135
05-29-2012, 03:15 PM
We need a short sensor that can be set using the insertion tool. After the sensor is set then you could add sleeves. I have always needed to lightly tap the insertion tool with a small mallet to get the sensor to the bottom of the hole. Today I was using a 3/4 in drill bit that had only drilled about 10 holes so it was not worn out. I could not get any of the seven tests I set lower than the rim on the probe itself. If you try to tap the sensor in it breaks. Could the sleeves be causing the barrel of the sensor to expand?

What ever the problem the system is unusable in this format. Like I said above what we need is a short sensor that is inserted with the insertion tool and tough enough to withstand a few light taps. Sleeves could be added after the sensor is set.

I have about 90 of these 4.0 sensors left and from what I saw today they are nearly worthless.

Feel free to delete this post if you want to. I just wanted Wager to understand that this new system is not up to Wagner standards.

Regards,
Greg
05-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Greg:

Thanks for the input. We are currently evaluating the issues you have brought up. Thanks again.

Jason
05-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Greg, do you happen to have a digital caliper you can measure your drill bit with and the sensors?

Stephen Perrera dba
Top Floor Installation Co.
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com
http://www.floorsavior.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Hmm will have to ask my tester if his probes have changed to these 4.0EX.

There isn't any name on the probes to say EX on them...

Could someone post some pictures next to old 4.0's please?
06-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Here is a video from Jason: http://youtu.be/KR763ZI5xWM

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious